This is a wonderful opportunity to travel to Ireland and explore the ancient myths and legends of the Celts. The Fall Equinox anciently known as the Alban Elfed Equinox – is a retreat we have created in collaboration with Lylis©. A retreat that prepares you for the Autumnal Equinox, as we move from the warmth of Summer and transition into the colder darker months ahead. The retreat location is Ballyvolane Country House, which is an elegantly furnished, family-owned period home, offering warm hospitality and extremely comfortable country house accommodation in a relaxed atmosphere of informality and friendliness.
Celtic Equinox Retreat
Early Bird Special Offer
Until July 31st 2019
€2100 twin sharing
€400 single supplement
€1800 single occupancy
Sleep under the stars in the
grounds of Ballyvolane House.
Duration: 5 Nights
Location: Co Cork Ireland
Dates: 23 – 28 September 2019
- Activate the 5 gateways to your inner pharmacy by preparing your health as the seasons change with Ayurveda.
- Prepare for the colder, dark months ahead and recharge your body, mind and soul with Yoga and Meditation.
- Activate your vital energy centres as you cool down after the fire of the summer, return to wholeness by activating your body’s natural self-healing.
- Learn to master your breath in harmony with the cycles of the season.
- Experience higher states of consciousness and discover how these states show up in your day to day life.
- Explore sacred sites in Ireland, the land of the ancient druids and Celtic mystics.
- Discover the Irish spirit with a truly Celtic experience as you experience live harp music played by our harpist Scarlett as you move into the royal path of yoga.
Day 1 – Monday 23rd September
Check in time and registration for the retreat begins at 4pm. Later in the evening we’ll gather for an informal meet and greet reception followed by a delicious meal. One of the highlights this evening will be “Ayurved Harp©” Fall Equinox Concert with our harpist Scarlett and gracious guides Magali, Suzi and Anne as we open a circle and sacred space to set intentions for our time together.
Day 2 – Tuesday 24th September
Greet the day with sunrise meditation followed by yoga accompanied by the healing harp sounds. After a delicious breakfast we will explore the world of meditation and the benefits of this practice in preparation for you receiving your personal Primordial Sound Mantra.
In the afternoon receive your personal mantra in a memorable private ceremony. We will regroup in the early evening for a group meditation followed by dinner.
Day 3 – Wednesday 25th September
Gentle morning yoga and sun rise meditation before breakfast. Today we travel to West Cork to an Ancient Stone Circle. Drombeg is also known as “The Druid’s Altar” and here you will experience a unique stone circle ceremony with harp music as we guide you to connect with the healing heart of mother nature. We will spend quiet time exploring the site after the Sacred Ceremony followed by a visit to a local Irish village for lunch, enjoying the beautiful coastal areas of Glandore, Union Hall and Rosscarbery.
On our return to Ballyvolane House you will have plenty of downtime before dinner and there is an option to book in for a luxurious healing massage. After dinner we will chat by the fire and everyone can take an early night.
Day 4 – Thursday 26th September
After a beautiful holistic start to your morning with meditation and yoga. Today we are exploring the Law of Intention and Desire and you have an opportunity to release what no longer serves you as we invite the element of the day, with a fire ceremony at noon. After this we will take lots of time to be quiet and eat our lunch with mindful awareness exploring the six tastes of life. In the late afternoon we will move through all of the elements as we move into stillness with a moving meditation. After dinner we will have fireside stories as we travel to the ancient world of myths and legends of Ireland.
Day 5 – Friday 27th September
Wake up and enjoy an easy gentle start to your day with morning meditation followed by raja yoga and a delicious breakfast. Today we will have a celebration of life, “Free to be me day!” exploring the elements of space and air. Breathing into the present moment with pranayama as we play hide and seek in the woods among the trees, exploring your five senses and unlocking your sixth as you explore the power of your Intuition.
After lunch we practice the law of detachment – there is an opportunity for you to explore the grounds, the vegetable gardens, the gin distillery or schedule a one to one session. The sessions on offer cover an Ayurvedic Consultation, refining your yoga practice or meditation mentoring. Alternatively, you can simply spend time journaling or exploring alone. We will gather again in the early evening for group meditation before the closing Celebration Dinner followed by a soothing Harp Recital to prepare you for sleep.
Day 6 – Saturday 28th September
You get to sleep in on our last morning if you feel you need to as the morning meditation and yoga will be optional on our last morning. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and with plenty of time to pack and prepare for your journey home. Check out is at 11 am.
This is an outline of our proposed itinerary and is subject to change, however it gives you a brief overview of what to expect on this wonderful Alban Elfed Retreat.
- Daily meditation and the opportunity to dive deep within & connect with your inner truth
- Gain clarity and understanding of your unique nature as you explore the Soul Questions
- Let go of what no longer serves you, release old habits and limiting beliefs
- Unleash your deepest driving desires and set clear intentions
- Discover more meaning and purpose in life as you take time to rediscover your true nature
- All meals are included
- Excellent accommodation
- Private tour to Ancient Stone Circle
- Spring water throughout the day
- Sunrise and Sunset Guided Meditations
- Instruction in Primordial Sound Meditation
- Raja yoga with live harp music
- One to one mentoring with Chopra Certified Instructors
- Fresh organic food made with love from the garden
- Learn the art of living Ayurveda
- Dive into the Celtic mythology of Ireland’s legendary past
This an Optional Event and all guests are welcome to join us at The Hill of Tara for the New Moon Ceremony to align with the Ireland’s Celtic Spirit and the Atlantis Blue Stone.
SUMMONING THE SACRED
Date: Saturday 28th September
Time: 3:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Location: “Cnoc na Teamhrach: The Hill of Tara”
The Hill of Tara, located near the River Boyne, is an archaeological complex in County Meath, Ireland. It contains several ancient monuments, and, according to tradition, was the seat of Árd Rí na hÉireann, or the High King of Ireland. Recent scholarship claims that despite the rich narratives derived from mythologies, Tara was a sacral site associated with kingship rituals.
You are welcome to join us as at The Hill of Tara for the Celtic New Moon Ceremony on Saturday 28th September 2019. With a planned departure time at noon from Ballyvolane House and estimated arrival time of 2:45pm at the Hill of Tara, Co. Meath. We will have lunch at the Tara Cafe and afterwards at approx. 3:30 pm we will gather there to perform the Atlantis Blue Stone of Destiny New Moon Ceremony.
Planting Seeds with a sacred ceremony honoring the ancient and welcoming the new cycle and the coming season. Finishing by 6 pm
Note: Co. Meath is approx. 40 mins from Dublin Airport.
Please note food and transportation are not included as there is no cost to take part in this event.